Attention: NEW ORIENTATION SYSTEM amid Covid19
MEMBERSHIP: Membership processing is continuing as normal. Please continue to mail your properly completed renewal form along with payment to the mailing address listed on top of the form. Canada Post has resumed operations although delays in delivery are possible. Emailed forms and electronic payments are unavailable to the club at this time.
NEW ORIENTATION SYSTEM
All regular Sunday orientation sessions have been cancelled until further notice. We are replacing this system with a pre-arranged, booked/scheduled system incorporating multiple volunteers. Sessions will take place based on volunteer availability and can occur any day of the week & time in small groups of no more than 5 people (with proper social distancing measures in place). If you prefer a smaller group or a one on one session, please let our membership consultant know when you book your appointment. (more info below). Orientations will continue to be free under this system. This system will only be for NEW members or members lapsed 3 membership seasons or more.
There will be no membership paperwork taking place at these sessions. We can't accept applications or payments, membership cards will be mailed after the session. At this time sessions will only be booked for members that have already submitted applications and have been processed to help clear the backlog of people waiting. Our membership consultant Sandra Ryan will be the point of contact for both volunteer instructors and new members and will coordinate matching members with an instructor. To book an appointment please email her at email@example.com.
The executive has voted on and approved a brand new temporary Orientation Refresher course that will take place via standard mail or email for members who have lapsed for one or two membership seasons. This will greatly reduce the number of people required to attend in person orientations making this whole system faster, more efficient and therefore safer. Members lapsed 3 membership seasons or longer will still have to attend an in person orientation. Members who qualify for this course will be contacted directly by our membership consultant within the next 5-7 days.
The St. John’s Rod and Gun Club boasts first class facilities and equipment while offering one of the lowest membership fees in North America. With a membership base of well over one thousand members the Club offers a safe, controlled environment to enjoy firearms and partake in the shooting sports!
3 Year Fee
|Junior* (up to 18 years)
|Family** (Standard membership + spouse/partner only)
Note: Our membership year runs from March 1st to February 28th (29th in a leap year). To keep membership fees low and still maintain our facilities, the Club does not prorate membership fees for mid-season or late joining. Membership fees are not refundable once processed.
*Junior Memberships: The legal parent or guardian must sign Junior membership forms. Junior members at the club must be supervised at the club by a PAL holder unless registered in the club youth training program or attending an official club event.
** FAMILY Memberships apply only to a Standard member and their spouse (ex. husband, wife, common law partner) and does not apply to any other family relation (ex. son, daughter, cousin, aunt, uncle, etc). All other family members must apply as a standard member on a separate form.
Steps for Joining
- Mail a fully completed application form along with appropriate payment. Click here to download our membership application Form
- Application form must be signed. Membership forms must be legible and printed clearly. Applications that are not signed, are illegible, are not fully completed and/or have partial or missing payment cannot be processed and will be mailed back to the applicant.
- Applicant must also provide ONE of the following items with the membership application. Either a:
- valid firearms license (PAL) number; or
- current Certificate of Good Conduct from the RNC / RCMP; or
- be Sponsored by a current club member
Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for application processing, approval and return postage. Please keep this in mind when joining, renewing and contacting our volunteers.
Covid-19 update: Membership processing will continue as normal. Please allow additional time as there may be delays or slowdowns in the membership process and Canada Post.
- You must attend an orientation session (see 2020 Schedule below). We highly suggest you attend a session while you are waiting for your membership to be approved. Membership cards will not be mailed until your files indicates you have attended orientation.
- All new & renewing applications are reviewed and must be approved by the Executive each year including 3-year memberships. The Executive reserves the right to refuse membership to any person it deems unsafe or unsuitable as a member of the SJRGC.
- New applicants and applicants whose membership has lapsed 365 days (or one membership season) must complete a Club Facilities Orientation in order to receive their membership card. More information below.
Joining & Renewing:
A fully completed application, signed & with appropriate payment amount enclosed is required.
There is no deadline for renewing your membership, all current cards expire at the end of February each year, after that date you cannot access club facilities but may send in your renewal at any time during the year. Your membership begins when you receive your new card and expires at the same time as everyone else on February 28/29th.
- Membership fees for late new & renewal memberships are not prorated.
- Payment can only be made via Cheque, Money Order, or Cash. We do not accept credit cards, debit cards or EMT. The Club does not recommend sending cash via postal mail and cannot accept any responsibility for cash lost in the mail.
- Payments may be made in person at the Annual General Meeting or any regularly scheduled club facilities orientation session.
- Cheques returned by the bank are required to be replaced immediately by the member and are subject to a $20.00 fee to cover NSF fees charged to the club by our bank. Replacement fees must be paid in case, certified cheque, or money order.
- As a member you hereby undertake to read and abide by the Range Operation Instructions and Safety Rules of the St. John’s Rod and Gun Club. The safety rules for rifle/pistol ranges are found here. The safety rules for the shotgun ranges are found here. The archery range safety rules are found here. It is imperative for your safety and safety of others that you read and understand these rules, all infractions will be reviewed by the executive.
- PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD! You must have your current membership card with you at all times you are on any club range. If you lose your card replacement cards are subject to a $15.00 fee.
- New members and members whose membership lapsed 365 days (or one membership season) must complete a Club Facilities Orientation in order to receive their membership card. Please check the schedule below but ALWAYS check the Announcements page for further information such as postponed orientation sessions.
- All orientation sessions are open to the public so you may attend a regularly scheduled session prior to mailing your application.
- Orientation is held out at the main clubhouse at the Range unless otherwise stated.
Orientation Schedule 2020
For further FAQ information, please click here to consult our FAQ page.